Saturday, March 1, 2014

Food for Thought

Since I accidentally posted something I had posted before, I thought I'd make another post. A short one. It's not a story and it's not exactly a tip, so I guess it's just food for thought.

Anyways, a couple days ago I was thinking about some of the characters I've created, and it suddenly struck me. They are all me! Okay, not quite all, but most my major ones. I found it kind of humorous because each of these characters is very different, but yet, they are still me - just different aspects. Take a look:

Jessica Whitman: She's from the book I'm presently writing based off of my family. Jessie is spunky, stubborn, bossy, opinionated, and creative. She must also admit she tends to be selfish and often judgmental. However, new situations frighten her, and she tends to be quiet and shy around strangers - but not at home!

Grace Heart: She is probably one of my very first and very favorite characters, though, none of you have probably met her. Grace is quiet, sweet, loyal, and gentle, feeling everything deeply. She hates change, but if it means her family will be safe or it will help someone out, she'll do it. As an older sister, she also knows when to put her foot down, so watch out!

Cricket (also known as Catherine and Carissa): You might recognize her from "Escaping the Night." She tends to be blunt, quiet, and bitter. However, beneath the tough face, she hiding an emotional storm and a sensitive heart.



Rhoswen Izzy: You might recognize Rhoswen from Josephine. She's a lot like Cricket, bitter and quiet, but she's a leader and she does honestly want to please her father and others around her ... except for Josephine.

Josephine Izzy: She's the "good" child, and sometimes it goes to her head, causing sibling problems. Tends to also be a tattle-tale, which doesn't help any.



I don't know exactly what to conclude from all this. I just thought it was interesting. Do your characters tend to act like you? Food for thought.




No comments:

Post a Comment