Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Word Wednesday - What's Your Favorite Word?

For this week's Word Wednesday, I thought I would share my favorite word. It's not one that is in common use anymore, but you will find it in the King James Version of the Bible. Mostly it's just fun to say.


Whithersoever [hwith-er-soh-ev-er, with-]:
conjunction Archaic.
to whatsoever place.


Not much of a definition, but understandable. I love the poetic effect it has on Joshua 1:9 (KJV):

"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

Just try saying the last three words over and over again. It's so much fun!



What's your favorite word? Why?
 (Note: This is not a rhetorical question. Please put your answer in the comments :) )


2 comments:

  1. hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia is probably my favorite though don't ask me how to pronounce it! It is the fear of long words. Ironic isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, yes, very ironic. I remember you mentioned it before some time back.

      Delete