Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Word Wednesday

Bamboozle :
to confuse, frustrate, or throw off thoroughly or completely <a quarterback bamboozled by an unexpected defense>

I don't know why, but this has long been one of my favorite words; it's so much fun.  =)
There isn't really much to learn from the word, I don't suppose.  We once named one of our cats Bamboozle when we were on an alphabet kick and naming a batch all 'A's and then all 'B's and so on.  We called him Bamboo for short. 
So I guess the point to this is that the next time you're writing a story and want to use the word "confused", but need something more imaginative, you can use "bamboozled"!

-Josie

2 comments:

  1. This word has always been a favorite of mine too! There is just something fun about the way it rolls off my tongue! :)

    ReplyDelete