Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A Complementary Disagreement

I had a writing assignment once which required me to write out a discussion/disagreement. I was required to have mostly dialog but I could include a little bit of action. And, it had to all have actually happened to me. So, I wrote up a discussion Faith and I once had. In honor of her birthday, today, I am posting it.





“You’re funny, Faith.” I smirked across the top of my logic book.

“What else could I possibly be?” she threw up her hands with a theatrical gesture of shock.

“Do you really wish me to say?”

“Yes!”

I smirked again. “How about gorgeous, dazzling, and brilliant? Do any of those suit you?

“Nope.” She shook her head. “An exaggeration.”

I laid down my textbook and studied her for a moment.

“How about amazing, brilliant and wonderfully witty?”

She looked sternly at me and tried to frown. “If you take out the “ ‘ Brilliant ‘” it would be more accurate.”

“I disagree.”

“How about,” she watched me out of the corners of her blue eyes. “You say, intelligent?”

“Okay. You’re and intelligent, gorgeous, genius.”

“Take off the last two!” she crossed her arms.

“Intelligent and…” I climbed down from my stool. “I need to go get my thesaurus.”




 



3 comments:

  1. lol I remember that disucussion. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, this post was not supposed to be visible until tomorrow. For some reason blogger was not letting me schedule but insisted on promptly posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well, I imagine it looks the same as it would tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete