Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Tip Tuesday

I don't have a tip for y'all today. Instead I was going to share a recent discovery.

As you may remember from my "New Years Writing Goals" I  planned on making myself edit this year. If you have been reading my other "Tip Tuesdays" you may have noticed they have a tend toward the editing side of writing. So here is another editing based idea:

The Hemmingway App.

Now before you throw up your hands and say you have no tablet or iphone on which to get an app let me assure you it's easily accessible from the computer. (In fact I have yet to see it in app form.) Just click on this link.

http://www.hemingwayapp.com/

To be perfectly honest with you I have yet to try this but it looks very useful. If one of you gets to it before I do let me know the results!



4 comments:

  1. This looks handy. Thanks! I think I'll try using it this afternoon with my independent study.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know what you think, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it! I copy and pasted my first chapter into it and found lots of things to improve upon. It's especially nice that it highlights adverbs. Although I know to use these sparingly, I tend to insert them frequently in rough drafts.

      Delete
    2. Great! I'll have to try it sometime. Those pesky adverbs are a sneaky pain for me too.

      Delete