Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tip Tuesday - Let There Be Inspiration!

I've always told myself, and maybe you have too, that I cannot write unless I have inspiration. Day after day, I live life just waiting for someone to inspire me, something to get me excited about writing again. I want the best idea, and I want it to be easy. Starting to see the issue? Who am I writing for? Is this the attitude I should have? No. If it is my goal in life to use my gift of writing for God's glory, I cannot just sit around waiting for an idea to hit me on the head. Full time authors certainly don't do this. They have deadlines, yet somehow they manage to publish amazing books. So how on earth do they do it? My English teacher posted this in our classroom a while back, and I believe it sums up my main idea pretty well:


Is this easy? No. But should I let it stop me? It better not. If I never write, if I never turn on the faucet, if I just sit around waiting, I may never find the river of inspiration I'm looking for. So let's write. Turn on your faucets, and if that means only writing 100 words a day, just do it. At least you'll be going somewhere, and eventually, you will find the current. 


No comments:

Post a Comment