Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Since I don't have anything complete to post, I thought it would be fun just to start the new year with something a little fun. Also it may help us get to know each other a little better :)

So here is what we are to do: First, think of some of your favorite books or movies. Then google who am I or character quizzes for a few of them. Take a few and post your results here. My results are posted below. 

Also, Hope thought we should share our sort of new year resolutions or goals for our writing. Here's mine: This year I want to complete writing a book I've been working on since the beginning of last semester. It would be my first finished book, so it will be a huge step for me. I don't know if I'll publish it or not but maybe someday. Presently it's titled My Nice, Normal Family, and is loosely based off of my family and some of my experiences. I'm basically the main character, making it very personal...so at times it's hard to write since I become very transparent through it. Since the main character is pretty much me, then the main character must also be similar to the following characters :)

Since the picture is hard to read, I'll paraphrase briefly: I'm Princess Aurora, happy, smart, and fun to be around. Also, I'm content with my life and often sing to express my feelings. Things tend to work out in my favor...as if I am surrounded by good fairies.

I might also mention that Aurora was raised in a house deep in the woods away from the rest of society. In other words, she was very sheltered, as am I in a way, being that I have been homeschooled.


From the Chronicles of Narnia, I'm "Susan, who became Queen Susan
the Gentle of Narnia. You have a deep sense
of connection with other people's feelings, but
you aren't always the first to take action; you
do when there's real urgency. While you don't
always trust your own judgment, usually
allowing others to take the lead, you never forget
to look after those who are neglected."




Frodo from the Lord of the Rings: "You're a bit of a wimp...but, if you must do something, you will overcome fears to do it. Even so, you are a caring person who likes to have friends. You don't look or think like you were born for greatness...but you never know!"







Addy Walker from the American Girl Books: "You stand up for what’s right and are pretty persistent when it comes to getting what you want. You value family more than most, and you don’t take much for granted. But just remember: curiosity killed the cat. There is such a thing as too much information."







Bob the Tomato from Veggie Tales: "You're more serious then most of your friends and you tend to get a lot of the responsibilities put on you. You are kind character and you are passionate about spreading the news of God's love to kids."





This one is just for laughs. I'm not really a Star Wars fan, but I'm pretty familiar with it because of my brothers, so I went ahead and took a few quizzes. I ended up as Yoda 3 out of 4 times. Not exactly sure why... Yoda: "Wise and all knowing you are…yes. Tall, dark, and handsome? Not so much I'd say."



I also took a few Bible character quizzes, but I didn't think any of them were very well made. A few of my results were David, Abigail, and Ruth. I've also taken a Jane Austen character quiz, and almost always end up as Elizabeth Bennett or Elinor Dashwood. I didn't bother to put the descriptions up, though, because I didn't really think they were much like me.

3 comments:

  1. I can see the similarities between you and Yoda. Maybe not personality wise but certainly physically.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait a minute. Are you saying I'm green with crazy, grayish, whitish hair and huge ears? And six fingers...that's just creepy. I think you need to have your eyes checked. :-)

      Delete
    2. Or maybe you just need to look in a mirror. ;D

      Delete